Click below to become Social with Us!
If you have ever felt the high of nailing the perfect eyeliner application, you have also felt the soul-crushing low that comes with removing it at night, only to attempt the impossible all over again the next day. The solution? Permanent eyeliner. We are talking about the permanent makeup technique that replaces your everyday liner with tattooed eyeliner.
Lash-enhancement tattoo is a semi-permanent treatment that places pigment along your top or bottom lash lines (not your waterline). The tattoo itself can be super thick or as thin as your own natural lashes, and it doesn’t have to flick or have an extended tip. It can just fill in the lashes to create the illusion of thicker, darker, and completely fuller lashes without looking lined or like obvious makeup.
In other words, whether you want a full-on flick, prefer a more diffused eyeshadow effect, or just want to enhance your lashes by filling in the gaps along your lash line, an eyeliner tattoo is the answer to your prayers.
The image to the right gives you some different options of eyeliner styles we can do.
How Long do Eyeliner Tattoos Last?
Although it's called permanent eyeliner, eyeliner tattoos are actually semi-permanent, which means if you want it to last forever, touch up are recommended as it fades. You can expect your semi-permanent eyeliner to last approximately for a year to 18 months, depending on skin type.
How Is Semi-Permanent Eyeliner Applied?
Many people may be put off by the idea of semi-permanent makeup. This is understandable considering the process is still relatively new. However, rest assured, not only are the techniques and procedures used extremely safe and hygienic, but they are also quick and pretty painless.
What is the Process like?
Once you’re in the chair, the eyeliner will be applied with either a cosmetic pen or a cosmetic micro-pigmentation device. The lines will be applied to your eyelids, wiped down, and re-applied several times to make sure that the finish is really even and crisp. Then you are done! Simple as that! The procedure generally takes about 30 minutes to just over an hour.
We said it was pretty painless, but how painless?
Most clients say that it’s no more painful than getting your eyebrows plucked or getting an eyelash stuck in your eye, which sounds reasonably bearable.
What is the recovery like?
The recovery time is virtually nothing. You might want to take it easy for an hour, but it’s not going to stop you from getting on with the rest of your day! Some people get a bit of swelling during the 24 hours following the procedure. This is quite normal and does not generally interfere with the functionality of your eyes. It tends to pass with a good night’s sleep.
It’s important to note that you can’t wear mascara for at least 11-15 days and must also refrain from washing your eyes during this healing period with no application of any products.
For a more personal take on what the procedure is like, why not check out our reviews on Facebook.
Benefits of Semi-Permanent Eyeliner
In our opinion, the pros far outweigh the cons. Here are 5 great reasons to go for it!
1. It stays on! The main benefit (and a reason for getting semi-permanent makeup applied) is that it stays on all the time, day or night.
2. Reduces wear on the skin. It’s much less stressful for your skin if you aren’t cleaning makeup off quite so often! Less abrasion equals less wear!
3. It saves money. Sure, getting the procedure done in the first place might be a bit of an outlay, money-wise. But in the long run, you’ll save a heap of cash in standard makeup purchases. Remember, semi-permanent makeups last a long time.
4. It saves time. No more getting up extra early to apply eyeliner for work. You can eliminate that task from your ‘getting ready’ routine and use that time for something else.
5. Continuity. We are highly trained and will make you look fantastic. That means you’ll look fantastic every single day. You may well be great at applying your own makeup as well, but this way you don’t have to worry about the odd day when you might get your eyeliner wonky!